Right click tools not working at all

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Hi - I've install the tools and i made sure i have net 4.5 and powershell 3.0. The tools install just fine, but when i right click to do a command nothing happens. Any ideas?

thanks

Julio
Apr 15, 2014 at 9:53 PM
We are having the same issue here but haven't seen any replies on this issue yet. DotNET 4.5 is installed as well as Windows Management Framework 3.0 (PowerShell 3.0). The right click tools install fine, but when any of them are clicked on, the console quickly flashes and nothing happens. Any help on the issue would be appreciated.
Coordinator
Apr 17, 2014 at 6:05 PM
What is your execution policy in the x86 version of Powershell? Open Windows Powershell (x86) and check that policy. Change it to unrestricted if it is restricted and see if that solves your problem.
Apr 17, 2014 at 8:00 PM
Edited Apr 23, 2014 at 9:41 PM
These are my settings from x86 PowerShell. A co-worker has the same settings and his right click tools are working. So must be something else.

Machine Policy RemoteSigned
UserPolicy Undefined
Process Undefined
CurrentUser Undefined
LocalMachine Unrestricted
Jun 30, 2015 at 6:20 PM
Edited Jun 30, 2015 at 6:21 PM
I was having the same problem with the new Now Micro Right Click Tools. I ran Process Monitor and found that the vbs scripts that launch powershell were making their way through each directory in the PATH variable, and ultimately settling on my Service Manager install directory because it contains a folder named Powershell.

I think there are two options - either modify the Local Machine PATH, placing C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowershell\v1.0 near the beginning, or simply modify the vbs scripts to include the full path to powershell.exe (C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe).

Editing the PATH is probably the better option so you ensure you don't have this problem with other scripts.