Installer

Apr 22, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Ryan,

Do you want help creating a real installer/uninstaller for these?

Regards,

Nash Pherson
Now Micro, Inc.
Jul 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Hi Ryan,

I'm still interested in helping develop an MSI installer for the project. Let me know what you think.

Cheers,

Nash
Coordinator
Sep 19, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Oh, that'd be great. Sorry, I didn't realize people were posting here since I got no notifications from Codeplex. :-)

Do you use wix to do it, or just visual studio?
Sep 19, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Probably just WiX but we’ll see. We might just buy a copy of Advanced Installer since we want to do some registration stuff with other apps.

Coordinator
Sep 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM
Heh, WiX is number 2 on my list of things to learn, right after C#.

The Powershell installer doesn't look the best, but gets the job done (in most cases) so I haven't worried too much about it. A real installer would make it look much more official!
Oct 14, 2013 at 6:24 PM
I'm having an issue with the Powershell installer on Win7 64. Simply put, it doesn't do anything when you try to install. The only way I've been able to get the tools to install is with the command line and /S argument. Other than that, I'm very satisfied!
Nov 19, 2013 at 7:46 PM
This would be a great idea. I was just considering it myself. I want to distribute the tools through SCCM silently with the console to all of our analysts :-). Of course, this would be easier and far more "application model" appropriate if it were done under the MSI structure with versioning and what not.

These things are fairly easy to do with admin studio and installshield if it all it does is copy and place certain things in the file structure. We do this with plenty of other applications at the moment.

I don't particularly know the licensing behind wrapping apps in installshield and how they want to charge you for public distribution outside of your network but it could be something to look into.

Is anyone actively working on this at the moment?